Something we have long learned here at Footfall is that everyone needs matting. No matter how big or small your business, if you are in charge of any type of building used by staff or the general public than you need to think about matting.
Dirt and moisture tracked in to your building not only looks unsightly but can create a dangerous slip hazard, increase maintenance required and destroy floor surfaces over time.
Ideally fixed entrance matting is the ultimate solution, but where fixed matting isn't possible (due to space restrictions, door clearance, budget etc.) Dust Mats are a great flexible and affordable alternative. Dust mats will absorb moisture, scrape and trap dirt particles, and help keep your floors cleaner and safer for visitors. They are also easy to handle, maintain and a good quality dust mat will last for years and stand up to heavy traffic.
Benefits of High Performance Dust Mats:
- 100% nitrile rubber backing
- Easy to handle and maintain
- Slip resistant
- Absorb moisture and trap dirt
- Durable – last for years with no rental costs!
- Flexible solution – mats can be rolled up and stored when not in use
- Keep floors cleaner and safer (less need for hazard /caution signs and maintenance)
- Help protect your floors and extend their useful life
- Come with the option of heavy-duty 3mm backing
How to get the best from a dust mat:
- place dust mats singularly, not overlapping as this may cause a trip hazard and looks unsightly
- choose the right texture backing - flat for smooth floors and gripper backing for carpet floors
- do not tape your dust mat to the floor! It could cause a trip hazard. 3mm backing will prevent your mat from migrating across your floor or roll matting can be fixed in place with safety edging as a safer alternative
- maintain your dust mats as per manufacturer's instructions - vacuum daily and wash when required
- save money by buying your own mats outright, rather than renting
- don't have too many dust mats in one area - fixed matting would be a better solution for you